Friday, October 4, 2013

Crista's Story

I am pretty sure that I have fallen victim to an internet dating site scammer. I am new to the group, but have read numerous emails at this point. My story is like one that I read and it has just stayed in my mind since I joined and read this man's story. So, I thought that I should tell my story.

I had a profile on singlesnet.com. This man started an email conversation with me. I was flattered considering that he was quite handsome, and from Florida. My intention was that I would talk to him and it would go no further of course, due to geographical reasons. He and I began IMing each other. Soon, like within just 24 hours, he was telling me that he loved me and proposed marriage.

Yes, a flag sort of waved, but since he said that he was originally from the UK, I made the excuse that maybe things just worked differently there than here. We continued emailing and IMing each other. He decided that he was going to quit the job that he had as a marine engineer so he could move to be with me and my son. He had to go to Nigeria to buy oil for this new company that he was starting. Ever since then, he has had nothing but bad luck. Actually, I have had nothing but bad luck, including losing about $10,000, my home, personal possessions, and the only safety and security that I had built for me and my son.

I did all on the promise that he was coming to the states to make things right. I have no friends left because I didn't heed their warning, I lost my home, sold the majority of my personal possessions and am now living with my ex-husbands parents basement with my special needs son. I am embarrassed, and hurt. You are the first person that I admitted this too. I have to file bankruptcy to try and bring my life up to "zero" again.

I hope with all my heart that he hasn't gotten to anyone else. He used two supposed immigration officers, as recipients for the money. The other things that should have keyed me in were things like he didn't know his astrological sign, he didn't know his kids favorite colors, what they liked, and some other little things. I took for granted because the kids weren't with him was why he didn't know

Now I am lost as to what to do. This relationship has been going on for the last 4 months now, so there are a lot of details. I am in it emotionally and trying to understand and rationalize, and figure out how to start healing.

Crista

No comments:

Post a Comment